Dendroecology in Geography and Earth Sciences
- Send Email
The block course provides an overview of the actual state of knowledge of research in the field of ring-field research and discusses this in the context of further paleoecological replacement data. In addition to biological and ecological fundamentals as well as measurement and analysis techniques, the main topics will be the presentation and discussion of different examples of dendroecological applications in various sub-disciplines of geography and geosciences.
The following topics will be dealt with:
- Biological and site ecological basics
- Tree ring parameters: characteristics, measurement techniques and applications
- Tree rings compared to other environmental proxies
- Dendrostatistic analysis techniques
- Extreme year analyzes and their geoscientific applications
- Time series analyzes and their geoscientific applications
|Degree Programme||B.Sc. Applied Geography|
|Language of Instruction||German|
Neuwirth, B. 2011: Jahrringe als Indikator für Klima- und Umweltveränderungen in Mitteleuropa. In: Anhuf, D., Fickert, T. & F. Grüninger (ed.): Ökozonen im Wandel. Passau 2010 (Passauer Kontaktstudium Geographie 11):67-78.
Speer, J.H. (2010): Fundamentals of tree-ring research. The University of Arizona Press, Tucson: 333pp.