New Supplementary Course - Applied Satellite NavigationCopyright: Achim Knörchen
3-day block seminar in the period 28.09. - 01.10.2020
What is it about?
GPS devices are not only very useful for field trips and excursions, but are also increasingly used in tourism for geocaching. The course is designed to provide the theoretical and especially the practical knowledge.
What is special about the course?
For this seminar, a special geocaching route has been developed in advance, in which selected geographical questions in the excursion area of the Eifel National Park are included. In small groups with a maximum of 2 to 3 users per GPS device you will learn how to use this helpful instrument safely.
What about requirements and credit points?
- Willingness to participate in an all-day field day. Free arrival and departure is possible with the semester ticket.
- completed course in cartography
- Basic knowledge of GIS. The visualization course is sufficient!
- Knowledge of GPS devices is not necessary
For the recognition of 1 credit point in the supplementary area of the Bachelor's programme, the complete participation in the seminar as well as the preparation of a protocol is required.
When exactly does the seminar take place?
- Tuesday, 28 September 2020 half-day in the CIP-Pool
- Thursday, 30 September 2020 as a full-day excursion with geocaching
- Friday, 1 October 2020 half-day in the CIP pool
Where can you register?
The registration will be possible via RWTH Online from 29.06.2020 to 02.07.2020. For possible free remaining places please check the publications there and on the notice board!