Münster Climate Change Adaptation Concept
In the AK Münster project, climatological criteria are developed as a basis for a climate change adaptation concept for the City of Münster.
The main attempt is based on the following steps
- Definition of criteria (parameter of exposition: daily and evening heat load, nocturnal cooling, air quality) and threshold values for assessment,
- Measurment and modelling of spatial distribution of parameters of exposition,
- Definition of parameters of sensitivity (population statistics) and calculation of results for statistical units,
- GIS-based combination of exposition and sensitivity parameter based on statistical units,
- Consideration of climate functions.
Modelling is performed using partly geostatistical models based on mobile measurements (see preceeding projects URBMOBI and City2020+. Partly, the cold air drainage model KLAM_21 of the Deutscher Wetterdienst is used with. Model output is processed to obtain results according to VDI Richtlinie 3787 - Lokale Kaltluft for use in planning procedures.
The project is coordinated by the City of Münster and cofinanced by the Federal Ministery of Environment.